Growing with Communities
An investment amount of J$6.3 million was made for this initiative in 2020, in response to requests from communities across Jamaica. The objectives of this initiative aligns with our values; Passion for People and Commitment to Partnerships.
Activities carried out during the initiative included:
A cash donation of J$1million to assist in the re-opening of the Clifton Boys Home in Westmoreland that had suffered from a fire in 2017.
• Partnering with Malta to restart the business of an entrepreneur with a disability.
• Donating 3,730 face shields and 1,865 gallons of sanitizers to the multi-stakeholder ‘For the Bars: For Jamaica’ initiative, launched by Red Stripe to assist community bars with operating safely while adhering to the government’s COVID-19 safety guidelines.
• A cash donation to support the operations of the Women’s Crisis Centre.
• A cash donation of $300,000.00 to the Mustard Seed Communities to deliver care packages to needy families.
• Donation of a refrigerator to a destitute family adopted by The Sugar Companies of Jamaica who led the initiative to obtain housing and furnishings.